MS (PT) , TWU, USA; PhD PGDR, PGDMLE, CHFP, ATP
Selected publications (10 of 28)
- Gupta S, Raja K: Responsiveness of Edinburgh Visual Gait Score to orthopedic surgical intervention of the lower limbs in children with cerebral palsy. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2012;91:761 – 767
- Dewan N, Raja K. Efficacy of braces and foot orthoses in osteoarthritis of knee: a systematic review. Am J Phys Med Rehabil2011;90(3):247-262
- Narekuli A, Raja K, Kumaran S D. Impact of physical therapy on burden of caregivers of individuals with functional disability. Disability, CBR and Inclusive Development.2011;22 (2). pp. 108-119.
- Gupta N, Solomon J, Raja K. Pain after paraplegia: a survey in India. Spinal Cord 2010;48,342-346.
- Pereira, EAH and Raja, Kavitha and Gangavalli, Ranganath. Effect of Training on Interlimb Transfer of Dexterity Skills in Healthy Adults. Am J Phys Med Rehabil, 2011;90 (1). 25-34
- Raja K, Joseph B, Benjamin S, MinochaV,Rana B. Physiological Cost Index in Cerebral Palsy. It’s Role in Evaluating the Efficiency of Ambulation. J PediatrOrthop. March 2007. 27(2):130-138
- Raja K. Patients’ perspectives on medical information: results of an informal survey Indian J Med Ethics 2007;VII(3): 16-7.
- Raja K. Compliance with walking aid use in children with cerebral palsy in India. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2006;85:694–698.
- Raja K. Ethics of disability language. Indian Jab Med Ethics 2013; X(1): 69.
- Raja K, Gupta S. Goal Oriented Activity towards Life Skill Training Preliminary indications of a task intensive approach for managing cerebral palsy through the lifespan Disabil CBR Inclusive Dev 2012, 23(4): 97-116.
|SR/SO/HS-85-2006||Validation of the Physiological Cost Index by comparison with oxygen consumption and evaluation of its potential as an outcome measure of ambulation in children with cerebral palsy||Principal Investigator||3 years||26,80,306||DST||Project completed Jul 2008 – Jul 2011|
|F.No. M. 111014/87/2010-IH||Integrated Community Based Rehabilitation for people affected by leprosy, filariasis, and other locomotor disabilities in Udupi district, Karnataka||Principal Investigator||6 months||5,00,000||WHO - INDIA||Project completed Apr – Oct 2011|
|Sr.no||Title||Responsibilities||Duration||Cost (in rupees)||Agency||Status|
|F.No.4-51(549)/2011/DERPP||Development of an assessment tool and integrated management protocol for children with Developmental Coordination Disorder||Principal Investigator||1.5 years||3,53,900||NCERT||2012-2014|
- Member of Indian Association of Physiotherapists
- Member of Indian Ergonomic Society
- Member of RESNA
- Member of BCPE
Member of International society of biomechanics
Managing trustee of Rehabilitation research foundation ( http://rehabresearch.in/ )
- Raja K, Gupta S. Assistive technology. InYu, Chattopadhyay, Lim, Acharya editors. Advances in therapeutic engineering. Boca Raton. CRC Press; 2012.
- Raja K, Davis F, Sivakumar T.. Ethics: perspectives for the physiotherapist. New Delhi. Peepee Publishers 2006.
Orthopaedics, ergonomics, assistive technology