JSS college of physiotherapy is happy to announce a continuing education physiotherapy programme through online learning.
Managing musculoskeletal pain can be complex. The STOPS online learning program comes from the Specific Treatment of Problems of the Spine clinical trials developed in Australia. It provides physiotherapists with expertise and information to STOP persistent low back pain problems. The key is learning how to identify and provide specific treatment that targets barriers to recovery including the pathoanatomical, impairment, psychosocial or neurophysiological in nature.
The online offering consists of 5 courses on the specific management of low back pain including:
- Standard assessment of low back disorders
- Advanced assessment of low back disorders
- Lumbar treatment with manual therapy
- Lumbar treatment with directional preference management
- Functional restoration for people with patho-anatomy as the primary barrier to recovery
- Functional restoration for people with non-physical barriers to recovery (ie psychosocial and neurophysiological)
The courses are self paced, interactive and fully online. Each course takes between 2-8 hours to complete. Following successful completion of each course, including an assessment, the participant is issued with a certificate of completion from the STOPS online learning program and Dr Jon Ford, PhD (course developer and researcher at La Trobe University, Australia).
Interested persons may contact Dr Kavitha Raja at email@example.com